Studies in English
All candidates who would like to untertake studies in English are invited to get information and register for studies – according to the dates provided.
The admission process for programmes conducted in English takes place through the Internet Recruitment for Candidates System IRK (English and Polish versions available).
- in case of application to first (BA) or long-cycle (MA) studies – the original of secondary school (maturity) certificate and transcript of grades, entitling to undertake university-level study in country in which the certificate / document was issued
- in case of application to second-cycle (MA) studies – the higher education diploma (MA, BA, engineer diploma or equivalent) and transcript of grades obtained during the course of study, entitling to continue university-level study in country in which the diploma was issued
- a certification in the form of legalisation, or Apostille - if a document was issued by an institution operating in the system of education of a state that is a signatory of the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents;
- in the event of a Secondary School-Leaving Diploma (High School Diploma/Baccalaureate certificate) or a Diploma issued in the country with which Poland has not concluded any agreements on the mutual recognition of educational qualifications, or in the event of a document originating from a country with which Poland has concluded such an agreement but which is not covered by the agreement, a foreigner shall submit a certificate of diploma validation or an administrative decision issued by a relevant Chief Education Officer confirming the right to apply for admission to higher education degree programmes.
- a certificate confirming that the submitted Secondary School-Leaving Diploma (High School Diploma/Baccalaureate certificate) or a Diploma of higher education entitles their holders to apply for admission to university programmes or to continue education at any type of a higher education institution in the system of education in which the institution issuing such Diploma operates; the certificate can be issued either by the institution of higher education/university in which the studies were pursued or by the educational authorities of the state within the territory of which, or in the educational system of which, the certificate/Diploma was issued;
- a document presenting the grading scale, should it not be included in the Secondary School-Leaving Diploma (High School Diploma/Baccalaureate certificate) or a Diploma of higher education, certified by:
- the secondary school the candidate graduated from - in the event of applicants to first-cycle and one-tier university programmes,
- the university the candidate graduated from - in the event of applicants to second-cycle university programmes.
- a personal information sheet including a photograph of the candidate meeting the requirements set for ID photographs, printed off the candidate’s personal registration account;
- an application for an electronic student ID card, printed after the foreigner has uploaded his/her photo into the personal registration account;
- statement on having read and understood the fees for educational services in a given study field (available at the candidate’s individual registration account in section “Enrollment applications” )
- a proof of payment of the application fee;
- a consent of the parents/legal guardians to enrol in the studies, in the case of a minor [a sample statement in pdf format]
- a statement of having Polish descent in the case of candidates of Polish origins;
- confirm their knowledge of English by:
- a document attesting at least B2 level English language competency within the meaning of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, as set out in Annex 2 to the Regulation of the President of the Council of Ministers dated 16 December, 2009 on the rules of civil service selection procedures (J. of Laws of 2021, Item 141), or
- a Certificate, Diploma or another document confirming completion of a secondary-school or a school of higher education abroad, where the language of instruction was English, or
- a document acquired in the process of enrolment attesting that their preparation and level of command of the English language allows them to take up studies in English, obtained on the basis of an exam in the English language the candidate must take within the time limit prescribed in the enrolment schedule.
In the case of candidates seeking admission to second-cycle degree programmes and having an interview in respect of the completed field of study, the document acquired in the process of enrolment is understood as a positive result (dostateczny as a minimum grade) of the interview.
- a foreigner applying for admission should present the following:
- a Passport or another identity document;
- a document confirming legalisation of stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
Please note! Documents printed out from individual registration account at IRK system must be signed by the candidate.
All documents issued abroad should be translated into the Polish language by a sworn translator entered into the register of sworn translators/interpreters maintained by the Minister of Justice or produced and attested by a relevant Consul of the Republic of Poland
|No.||Field of study||Year of study||Tuition Fee in PLN|
per one semester
|first-cycle degree programme|
|2.||Information Security||I||13 300|
|second-cycle degree programme|
|6.||National Security||I||8 200|
|I stage||II stage|
|1||Internet registration for candidates IRK: 1)||03.04. - 10.07.2023
till 4:00 p.m.
|11.07. - 15.09.2023
till 4:00 p.m.
|2||The last day of paying registration fee:||10.07.2023||15.09.2023|
|3||Submitting applications (by post or in person):||01.06. - 10.07.2023||11.07. - 15.09.2023|
|4||Interview/ for candidates: 2)||26.07.2023
till 12:00 a.m.
till 12:00 a.m
|5||Announcement of the recruitment results:||18.08.2023
till 2:00 p.m.
till 2:00 p.m.
1) for the purpose of initial verification, the candidate for studies conducted in English sends scans (in English or Polish):
- secondary school leaving certificate or university graduation diploma (with legalization or apostille) with a note or as a separate document that the certificate/diploma entitles to apply for admission to studies or to continue education in each type of higher education institution in the country where the certificate/diploma was issued. This certificate may be issued by the university/educational institution where the education took place or by the education authorities of the country on whose territory or in whose education system the diploma was issued;
- a supplement or index;
- a certificate confirming the knowledge of the English language.
2) interview in English. Applies to candidates referred to in §5 sec. 2 point 3 or in §18 sec. 1 of Resolution No. 158/2022 of the UPH Senate